Saturday 5 January 2013

A Thousand Words

While back at the parental home over Christmas, I went digging through some of my old schoolbooks, looking for blank pages on which I could rough out the write-ups of the adventures I played while lacking access to a computer. While I did find what I was after, I also turned up a couple of things of potential interest to readers of this blog. One I shall save for a few entries from now, but the best time for bringing up the other has already passed, so I might as well do it here.

Among the books through which I looked was my art homework book from around 1984. It contains a number of not-that-great partial self-portraits and still life sketches as requested by the teacher, and then the very last picture is something quite different.

Poker night at Zagor's, or something.

This rather crude tribute to The Warlock of Firetop Mountain got a higher mark than any other picture in the book. It wasn't my only venture into FF-related art, but I have no idea what happened to my lino cut of the Talisman of Death.

Normal blogging will be resumed some time soon, but next week is looking unusually busy, so I don't know exactly when I'll get back to the old routine. In the mean time, most people seem not to have realised that what I posted on Christmas Day is an actual gamebook playthrough rather than just a festive greeting, so you might want to take a look at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment